Passing and oriented control around the square
- 4 markers
- 1 ball
- 1 cone
- Playing area: 8x8 meters
- Players: 4
- Duration: 12 minutes
- Series: 2 series of 4 minutes with 2 minutes of active recovery (juggling in pairs, or individual technical exercises)
Train passing and oriented control over short distances
|Speed endurance, Oriented control, Dribbling|
Form a 8x8 meters square using the markers. Place a cone at the centre of the square. The players stay on the corners of the square (one player for each corner). One player (A in the figure) starts with the ball.
- Player A passes to player B, on the corner "V2" with a lateral pass close to the ground outside the square (Figure 1)
Figure 1: Player A passes to player B
- Player B performs an oriented control then passes to player C, on the corner "V3". In the meantime player A gets around the cone running towards the corner "V2" replacing player B (Figure 2)
Figure 2: B passes to C while A runs around the cone
- Player B gets around the cone running (Figure 3) and goes on corner "V3" while player C passes to player D on the corner "V4"
Figure 3: C passes while player B runs around the cone
- Player D controls the ball carrying it around the cone (performing a feint and changing direction with the ball) going to the corner "V1" (Figure 4) while player C runs vertically to the corner "V4"
Figure 4: D controls the ball dribbling it around the cone
- Player D starts again the exercise with a lateral pass to player A on the corner "V2"
- The exercise takes place continuosly, counterclockwise, for the whole series duration.
- Perform the exercise clockwise in order to change foot for passing and controlling
- Remove the cone to simplify the exercise and make players run vertically to the next corner without passing through the centre
- Stop ball instead of oriented control
- Enlarge or reduce the square sizes according to the age and the physical conditioning of players
- Focus on passing technique, players have to hold their head up and pass with precision
- Run to the centre at full speed to increase dynamism
- All passes have to travel outside the square
- Vary the direction of the exercise to train both feet